Towpath Trail Peace Park Rules and Regulations
1. No Trespassing on neighbor's property! Our neighbors don't have a problem with our offering primitive camping, but they do have a problem with people on their land at 3 AM and frankly, WILL call the Sheriff and or otherwise protect their property if they think anyone is a potential threat!
Our boundary line runs through the center of the canal from the 12" 6 " Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad bridge to our pump house and to the lower driveway easement.
2. Pets are welcome on the conditions that you clean up after them and they not be aggressive. Leashes are not required for docile dogs.
3. No alcohol consumption within the peace park boundaries.
4. No firearms, slingshots, BB guns, or shooting on the property. CCW permit holders are permitted if weapons remain concealed.
5. Please leave the property in the same or better shape than you found it.
6. No parties or events without prior approval!
7. No unaccompanied minors! We only allow adult campers with their children.
8. No littering on the neighbor's property! Our boundaries are in the middle of the canal and in front of our Pump House. We provide trash containers and ask that they are used.
9. No loud noise after 10 PM! We ask everyone to respect their camping neighbors.
10. No vehicle traffic within the park except for loading and unloading. Overnight parking is available above the campsites.
11. ALL non-camping visitors must pay the additional person fee which includes our liability insurance!
12. No glass bottles, please! We can't afford to have our mowers hitting a glass bottle leaving shards of hazardous glass to sleep or walk on!
COVID-19 Info: We offer sanitizer within a handicapped accessible Porta-potty. The host wears a mask during meet & greet and maintains a 6' distance. Campers have separate fire-rings and we ask to not socialize with other campsites. We sanitize our picnic tables between campers. We follow all local & State Health Department rules. My wife has COPD and is a very high risk, so please understand our concern for safe practices.