Towpath Trail Peace Park Rules and Regulations
I'm in the front house by the 12' 6" RR bridge with a food service trailer with Towpath Trail Snack Shack in the front yard. Go to the lower driveway easement closest to the canal and you may park by the handicapped accessible Porta-Jon. In the event that you arrive and no one is available to meet & greet you, please feel free to set up camp in the field between the Ohio & Erie Canal and the lower driveway easement.
A few rules we have to include:
1. No Trespassing on neighbor's property! Our neighbors don't have a problem with our offering primitive camping, but they do have a problem with people on their land at 3 AM and frankly, WILL call the Sheriff and or otherwise protect their property if they think anyone is a potential threat!
Our boundary line runs through the center of the canal from the 12" 6 " Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad bridge to our pump house and to the lower driveway easement.
2. Pets are welcome on the conditions that you clean up after them and they not be aggressive. Leashes are not required for docile dogs.
3. No alcohol consumption within the peace park boundaries although there are exceptions under the right circumstances.
4. No firearms, slingshots, BB guns, or shooting on the property. CCW permit holders are permitted if weapons remain concealed.
5. Please leave the property in the same or better shape than you found it.
6. No parties or events without prior approval!
7. No unaccompanied minors! We only allow adult campers with their children.
8. No littering on the neighbor's property! Our boundaries are in the middle of the canal and in front of our pump house. We provide trash containers and ask that they are used. We also provide free trash bags upon request if you'd like to take one hiking, or whatever. ;)
9. No loud noise after 10 PM! We ask everyone to respect their camping neighbors.
10. No vehicle traffic within the park except for loading and unloading. Overnight parking is available above the campsites.
11. ALL non-camping visitors must pay the additional personal fee which includes our liability insurance.
12. Glass bottles discouraged, please! We can't afford to have our mowers hitting a glass bottle leaving shards of hazardous glass to sleep or walk on, but we also understand that you can't get a travel-size juice that isn't bottled.
13. Recycling containers are available at each campsite. The blue container is intended for cans and what bottles must be used. The green containers are used for everything else.
14. No fire outside of fire rings or the moving of designated firepits, without approval.
COVID-19 Info: We offer sanitizer within a handicapped accessible Porta-Jon. The host has been vaccinated and maintains a 6' distance during any meet & greet. Campers have separate fire-rings and we ask them not to socialize with other campsites. We sanitize our picnic tables between campers. We follow all local & State Health Department rules. My wife has COPD and is a very high risk, so please understand our concern for safe practices.
We look forward to meeting you! At the end of your camping adventure please consider leaving a review on Hipcamp, TheDYRT, Facebook and or Google.